A few weeks ago I submitted a design concept to Twist Collective. Now, I already knew I was aiming kinda high, but I thought, what the heck! You don’t know if you don’t try, right?
So, yeah, I got a very nicely-worded submission rejection letter in my inbox today, and even though my design won’t be in the Fall 2009 issue of Twist Collective, it didn’t discourage me from submitting designs in the future. Who knows, one day you just might see some of my stuff in there. Instead, I’m going to knit up v 2.0 then self-publish the pattern. Want a little peak?
Eton Cap V.1
Bobbie and I are extremely excited about this collaboration, and we’re planning all sorts of fun stuff. Here are the details so far:
- Sign-ups begin the first week of April
- First shipment goes out in June
- Shipments will go out every other month for 1 year
- The cost: $150 for the entire year, payable either in 1 lump sum, or in three $50 installments. This cost includes shipping
- Membership will be limited to 50 people.
- The colorways are to be club exclusives. Never to be sold by us. And it’s all super secret until you get your installment.
- Feel free to guess to your black heart’s contents. There’s actually a theme within the theme. We may even take pity on you and drop subtle hints. Then again, we may not…because we’re mean.
- Each skein will come with a little something COLLECTIBLE attached to the band.
- For more information please visit the Mean Girls Yarn Club web page.
A few words about Stitches West 2009: Fantastic, Friggin Amazing and Awesome. I had an awesome time. But that’s a tale for another day.